• Isolation and characterization of DNA and RNA.
• Cloning, site-directed mutagenesis and heterologous functional gene expression.
• Microinjection and biochemical or electrophysiological detection of heterologously expressed
proteins in Xenopus laevis oocytes.
• Functional characterization of proteins (protein-protein interactions, double hybrid
techniques, inmunoprecipitation and inmunodetection, etc).
• Transient and stable transfection of cultured eukaryotic cells.
• Patch-clamp recording of single channel and macroscopic ionic currents.
• Fluorimetric recording of single cell pH and intracellular calcium levels.
• Imaging system for in vivo FRET measurements in eukaryotic cells.
• TIRF microscopy and TIRF/FRET combination at 440, 488 and 514 nm (CFP, GFP and YFP).
• Voltage clamp fluorometry (VCF)